DragonsDarkerSide
Welcome to my darkerside... I am hoping to be more gothic, creepy and grungey here and to offer a challenge from time to time. I hope you enjoy this different aspect and share my work with me... Thank you for looking!!
Frankie
xx

You might also be interested in my other blogs
DragonsWeb
DragonsDream

Monday 5 April 2010

The Key to the Door of my Dark heART...

Here is my first piece created directly for this blog, and I am going to enter it into a challenge at Macabre Monday on Haunted Design House blog. It's a free choice of something creepy or gothic, so I am letting myself in gently!!! I hope the community there like it. I shall also enter it into the challenge of The Three Muses, where the theme is blackbird... should fit right in I hope . I LOVED doing it, not just because I am crafting again, but because it is so different...

On shiny card, I stamped and overstamped with Darkroom Door, UMount, Crafty Individuals,Wendie Rhodes, Judikins, Hero Art and Aspect of Design. I used archival jet black and chipped sapphire under clear Meltdust, then coloured with the TH tool in forest moss, walnut stain, black soot and crushed olive. The colours are rich and deep. Thanks for looking...
Frankie
xx

13 comments:

  1. Frankie this is totally fantastic... you have a darkside! Wasnt it fun?
    It is a pleasure to see you creating again my friend... i hope you can continue to do so... if not just howl in my direction!
    I shall go to bed now, a happy dragon, knowing a fallen dragon has risen again!
    love always lynx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. So textured and moody. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frankie, this is gorgeous!!! Such a beautifully dark collage look with so many layers... LOVE IT! Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an amazing piece you've created. I love its darkness and it has a really rich quality. The techniques you used work brilliantly! This is going to be a great place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome...love the door. You put a lot of effort into this and it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, so richly layered. Welcome back to the craftyside, dark or light, you were missed. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. bumped in here by accident - you have such awesome work

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is stunning.
    Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frankie this is awesome, glad to have you joining in the challenge, and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the dark mystery of this! And, even the dark side has a heart, I see. Thanks for sharing this beautiful piece with us at Three Muses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This ROCKS!!! I love this darkside :). Looking forward to seeing more, MUCH more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so drawn to this composition! I really appreciate your detailed explanation of your technique, and will be visiting again! I truly love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just brilliant!

    I struggled for so long to find "my style" and finally accepted that "dark" is it.

    Thanks for sharing and for the details of your technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments